Brittany Brennan: Lookin’ Sharp

Brittany Brennan: Lookin Sharp

[wpvideo MDPzy4oL]

By Ashley Reeves

As both a mother and a tattoo artist, Brittany “Baby Boo” Brennan is a busy woman. Hailing from Erie, Pennsylvania, Brennan originally attended college to pursue a degree in nursing.

“I actually wanted to be a tattoo artist when I was a freshman in high school,” according to Brennan. “My guidance counselor told me that wasn’t a real job, so I pursued a career in nursing because I was told that would be something I would be good at.”

ls
Steadfast Tattoo Parlour, Erie, PA

Although it paid well, Brennan was unhappy in her career. In 2013, Brennan quit her job at a local hospital and began a tattooing apprenticeship under her husband, Joel. Together, the couple owns Steadfast Tattoo Parlour, located in Erie, where they have established themselves as both local business owners and as community leaders. When asked about their future goals, Brennan expressed her hopes about serving as a role model for younger generations in Erie.

“We own two tattoo shops in Pennsylvania out in the Hudson Valley, we also are in the process of opening a cafe in Erie, along with several non-profits,” said Brennan.

file2-2
Brennan and her husband, Joel, at the Roc City Tattoo Expo

“My overall goal in life is to be a support system in my community,” said Brennan. “I think it’s my husband’s and my goal to provide an atmosphere to help work and grow and just be the best person that they can be.”

The couple currently own a second tattoo shop in Pennsylvania and are in the process of opening up a cafe in Erie as well as working with other community leaders to establish several non-profits.

You can find more of Brittany and her work on her Instagram page @baby_boo_brennan and also on the Steadfast Tattoo Parlour website